Date(s) - Tuesday, November 28th, 2017
Categories No Categories
Get your bake on at your school or workplace and help more people to live life their way.
Giving Tuesday is the day to do good stuff for charity, straight after Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
We’re celebrating Giving Tuesday by inviting you to get your bake on! You could get your bake on at work, school, college, with your community group or just a group of friends!
Join us on Tuesday the 28th November to take action together and give disabled people the opportunity to live life their way.
Join the Facebook event for updates leading up to the big day.
Here’s some tips to get you started:
Prepare for a Bake Off
- Let people know about your Bake Off. Put up posters, talk to people and use email to invite people to get baking for a good cause. Remind everyone that cakes will be for sale after judging has taken place, so bring in some cash!
- Recruit a judge to taste each cake and award the coveted Star Baker award. You can download printable awards in the Big Bake Off Fundraising Pack.
- Prepare for selling the cakes after judging, do you need someone to man the cake sales and take payments? Alternatively you could charge each baker an entry fee to raise money or raffle off the winning cakes and sell raffle tickets in advance.
- Get baking ready for judging day, remember to remind everyone the day before your Bake Off!
- Here’s some tempting recipes to get you started
- Refer to the Food Standards Agency guidelines for making, transporting and storing your cakes safely
On the day
- Set up a table to collect the cakes for judging
- Gather all bakers for the judging to take place – remember to share your photos on Facebook and Twitter @DEMANDchairty and use the hashtag #BakeOn
- When judging is complete, invite everyone to buy a slice, or draw your raffle for the winning cakes!
After the event
- Count the total you’ve raised and take a celebratory photo. You can use the poster in your Fundraising Pack to record your total.
- Head online to DEMAND.org.uk/Donate to transfer the money you’ve raised. You can also pay in money with a cheque made payable to DEMAND.
- Feel awesome!